| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Cat Got Your Tongue?


The label reads, "Little Cat Tongues":

I did a double take when I first saw this box on a grocery store shelf. If you've ever been to the store with me, then you know I usually walk around in a sort of daze, presumably overwhelmed by the vast selections, but I snapped out of it when I saw these. Had I walked into a Harry Potter-esk potions store? Were those cute little kittens on the box actually tongue-less (!)? The contents, despite the name, are actually quite nice - thin strips of milk chocolate, not as leathery and scratchy as I feared.

So if the cat does have your tongue, then take it back with these "little cat tongues," available from purveyors of fine Czech sweets.

Comments:

Blogger Karla said . . .

I can't remember who I was with when I encountered these (probably Liz rather than you) but my reaction was similar. Actually I'll bet it was Liz, on the memorable grocery expedition in Hostivař where we didn't buy the books. We saw a lot of strange stuff there and commented on most of it.    

9:19 AM, November 10, 2005


Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

Well I suppose if you are using the cat gut for your instruments, you do not want the rest of the animal to go to waste. Did you find their tails with the dusters and cleaning supplies?    

3:55 PM, November 10, 2005


Blogger Karla said . . .

Perhaps the tails become cat o' nine tails. Then again, maybe cattails are used for those, being more bristly.    

9:25 PM, November 10, 2005


» Post a Comment