| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Prague Night



Rudolfinum Night
Originally uploaded by youplayawhat.
It was disappointing to return from Prague after making farewells to new friends from the last year. Most of them were going to Museum Night or to watch the World Cup after I left.

It reminded me of a beautiful evening a few weeks back when we all went to see a Prague Spring concert. The Ensemble Intercontemporain, performing Boulez's Le Marteau sans Maitre and Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire. It was all pretty amazing (and I forgot about the gongs in the Boulez and the gamelan influence!), and topped off by a walk along the Vltava, views of Prague Castle, and cool beer in the hubbub of one of those hip Old Town pubs.

Tags: , ,

Comments:

Blogger Karla said . . .

To be perfectly truthful, Museum Night was more than a bit overrated. At least, it is a fun idea for getting people to go to museums, but for anyone who already goes, it is more of an exercise in claustrophobia.

Oh well. You know you'll be seeing more of SOME of us.    

10:37 PM, June 19, 2006


Blogger Unknown said . . .

You do know how jealous I am that you went to that concert, right?    

10:49 AM, June 20, 2006


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that everyone is leaving, but most everybody is gone over the summer at least.

Joe - I didn't want to rub it in about the concert. It was really great, though. I could not have gone without the "Hubert connection" (friends in high places, you know). It was not the kind of concert a person can pass up and still regard oneself as a music scholar the next day. But don't worry--there are good concerts in A2 also!    

1:59 PM, June 20, 2006


Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

what a lovely and poignant capsule of prague

to me it was walking down memory lane as I was born in this city, my brother is buried in its cemetery and i returned in 1985 with my kids as the husband got posted there..

it is a city that gest under your skin..    

5:02 PM, September 19, 2007


» Post a Comment