| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

New Milieu


So exciting I had to write it in French. I have moved to the new living space mentioned in the previous post. This was a move of convenience in more ways than one. Since my family was here, they were kind enough to lend a hand in moving a few of the large items (bookcase, etc.). Then there is the added solitude that I'm hoping is conducive to dissertation writing. Finally, there is a heating system that I'm really excited about. It's featured in the picture and has up to now been doing a great job. The new place is by no means luxurious - a bit small, faux linoleum "tiles" behind the kitchen counter that insist on detaching themselves for no good reason, and it's only a studio. But it has the important things (the above-mentioned heat as well as a functional hot-water heater). I'm relishing sitting next to the radiator while listening to Petr Jiříkovský's outstanding recording of Smetana's complete polkas, Polky/Polkas Complete (Studio Matouš, 1997, MK 0037-2 131). So far, so good.

I'm busy updating myself on the blogosphere happenings during my extended abscence. Back with you shortly.

Comments:

Blogger Karla said . . .

Looks acceptable from what one can see, anyway. At any rate, we will not have to try to introduce your new radiator to a volcano or geyser to teach it what heat is all about.    

10:09 AM, March 01, 2006


» Post a Comment