| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

On the Platform



Brno - Královo pole
Originally uploaded by youplayawhat.
The next installment of Brno soundscapes, podcast for your enjoyment. This time I've taken a few sounds that you might hear on the platform at the train station. This, again, is more of a composition since I've edited it (there's only one spot where I went overboard though). All the sounds are from Brno train stations, though not all from the main station.



powered by ODEO


Czech Train
Originally uploaded by youplayawhat.
My favorites are the ticket stamper (at 1:29) and the "happy" marimba triad that plays before and after the "happy" announcements (at 2:00 and 2:55). ("Happy" announcements are about trains arriving or departing on time. Not heard in these segments are two other marimba parts. One is a "sad" marimba melody that introduces "sad" announcements about delayed trains—it's in a minor key. The other plays the theme that symbolizes the Vltava river in Smetana's tone poem Vltava (or Moldau in German) from Má vlast.)

I've tried Odeo this time since it offers an embedded player with happy colors. You should be able to click on the play button to hear the recording. Let me know how it works. I was a little bit more lax about the editing here than in the tram soundscape, but it's probably OK for internet broadcast.


Tags: , , , , ,

Comments:

Blogger Pam said . . .

Would you post a little bit about how you grabbed your recordings? i'm still messing about with audio for my site and would love to do some onsite recording. Yours sound so clear!

Cheers! Pam from Nerd's Eye View.    

7:10 PM, September 27, 2006


Blogger amy7252 said . . .

Wow, I love this! And strangely, it makes me homesick for the Paris Métro. What the *$&^% is that all about??    

6:46 PM, October 02, 2006


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

Glad you enjoyed it! I don't even want to think about how I'll miss trains and trams when I get back to the US.    

10:51 AM, October 03, 2006


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

This soundscape can now be access via SoundCloud at http://soundcloud.com/jessej-2/on-the-platform-brno-train    

6:52 PM, December 05, 2011


» Post a Comment