| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Máš žízeň?



Lively Monkey
Originally uploaded by youplayawhat.
Mám žízeň jako trám.

That's a Czech phrase about being really thirsty. It means, literally, "I have a thirst like a girder." I guess you need a big drink to satisfy a thirst like that, but I never realized that girders and joists and crossbeams (oh my!) got thirsty.

I'd rather be thirsty like a monkey—at least they can scamper to the nearest water source. It's hard to do that if you're a girder.

Still thirsty?

If you are a monkey and live in Brno, then you can scamper on down to the "At the Thirsty Monkey" wine bar, just over the hill from NvB headquarters.

Tags: , ,

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

Hey,

I was doing a Technorati search for Central Europe and found this site. This post made me laugh. I also like the way you indicate the number of comments. "this post bores everyone". This kind of dry humour would go brilliantly in Australia - we have our fair share of watering holes and don't care if you're crossbeam or '4 be 2'.    

11:42 AM, October 29, 2006


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

Hi Rodd, thanks for your comment! Glad you weren't bored, or thirsty. ;-)    

8:32 AM, October 31, 2006


» Post a Comment