| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »


Rosslyn Glassman visited Mariánské lázně, a spa town in West Bohemia, and wrote about it in the travel section of the New York Times. The trip was not exactly as expected...
THE doctor looked at me over his steel-rimmed glasses. "And what is your problem?" he asked.

"Well, I’m tired and a bit stressed."

"That is not a problem."

"I have high blood pressure, and cholesterol."

"Yes, but why are you here?"

"I thought I’d try to lose weight."

"You could do that at home. Why are you here to take the cure?"

Oh dear, I’d better come up with something or he’ll refuse to let me stay.

"I damaged my ear drum and have tinnitus and bad balance."

"That is excellent," he said. "For this I will recommend six mineral baths, six gas baths, three gas injections, three inhalations and three manipulations. You will exercise in the pool and walk three miles a day. You will also go three times to the springs and drink three liters a day."



Tags: , , ,

Comments:

Blogger Karla said . . .

At that rate, I'm not sure I dare go. Štěpanka was after me to join her somewhere or other, and I was semi-inclined to give it a try, but not if I have to invent ailments and get injected.    

4:49 AM, November 30, 2007


Blogger RallyGabe said . . .

i like that doctor already.

"if theres nothing wrong with you; why are you here?"

more people should follow that. :)    

9:39 PM, December 01, 2007


Blogger Julia said . . .

Spas here are fine as long as you avoid the medical community and only try the water as a novelty item. I like to go to Trebon, swim in the nice pools, enjoy the biking, the carp and the leisurely spa walking. But gas injections! Yikes and crimey.    

4:58 PM, January 13, 2008


» Post a Comment