| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Dear Little Jesus: Have You Seen My Kitchen Lately?



Yesterday was the third Sunday of advent, and so I figured it was about time to write my letter to Ježíšek (little Jesus). Czech kids usually write to the little baby Jesus rather than Santa Claus when they request Christmas gifts. I already showed a picture of St. Nicholas celebrations, and though these are a part of the Christams season, St. Nick has his own holiday here. I guess little Jesus flies around in his manger, or other transportation, and delivers gifts to children.

Dear Little Jesus:

I hope you've had a good year down there in Bethlehem. Have you been to the North Pole recently to visit Santa Claus? I hope that you were wrapped warmly and that your mother pushed the pram quickly so that your little nose didn't freeze too much.

Say, I hear that you bring presents for Christmas. That's nice. If you have a chance, I was wondering if you just might be able to have a look at my kitchen sink. Here's a picture so you don't even have to make the trip.As you can see, it's nasty. Even after it was cleaned with heavy-duty cleaner it was still black on the bottom! And it's small, and the cupboards are too low above it. Do you think you could find space in your cradle for a new sink when you fly by on Christmas Eve? Thanks.

I'm also sending a picture that shows how seriously I am taking my pagan celebrations. I've been dutifully recognizing advent by lighting a candle every Sunday. I have also been 'festive' by adding a wreath and a small, tree-like ornament to the table decor. It has 'spruced' up my kitchen (note the dull yellow 'curtains' that do not actually extend far enough to cover the windows).

Sincerely, Little Jesse

Comments:

Blogger Karla said . . .

Dear Little Jesse,

I don't think you really caught cold after all, you just wanted a chance to stay home, redecorate the kitchen, and write sweet nothings to Dear Little Jesus. (Do you think he will bring me a toilet soap holder that won't fall into the bowl at inopportune moments? or will your new sink take up the whole manger?)

I thought the prams and Finns were amusing but this time I thought I would fall off the couch laughing. It must be time for another dose of Hovořime s Hostem.

Tvoje milá, drahá, sladká holčička, tak jo, ta skutečně ironická miminka
Karlička
(fakt!)    

10:27 PM, December 12, 2005


» Post a Comment