| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

A Little Semiopathy?


I came across the "Silly Signs" blog recently. It is not post-intensive, but fun to keep an eye on. And given the many election posters I've featured recently, a bit of "theoretical framework" to deal with all of this visual representation seemed especially appropriate. (Academic throat clearing...harumph, harumph.)

I had not seen many of the British signs that the blogger posts, although some of the signs are from other places. In particular, I enjoyed this post about heavy plants.

Other bloggers have also found some shocking signage recently. Zagreb, for example, seems to have an problem with unruly dogs! M.L. reports from his recent trip to southern Slavia (you have to scroll down to the middle of the post). Beatroot reports some disturbing homophobic signage in Poland.

There is always this variation on "do the funky dance" that my brother and I found below the Žižkov monument above Prague.

Tags: , , ,

Comments:

» Post a Comment