| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

And My Pockets Are Lighter


I paid for the photos today at the LJA. Eight euros later I have a copy of a letter to LJ about the cimbalom, a copy of LJ's application to the Czech Academy of the Emperor, and other cool stuff. They told me it was one Euro per photo. I took nine, and here is what happened when I left:

Docent: Excuse me, but we're closing in five minutes and if you can pay now I will write out a receipt for you.

Me: OK.

D: Now, how many photos was that?

Me: [After looking through my notebook and counting nine photographs.] Um, nine.

D: Will you pay in Crowns or Euros?

Me: Euros.

She left the room to write the receipt. Who knows why I decided to pay in Euros, I guess I figured that I might as well use up the coins I had laying around. It turns out that there were actually only eight Euros in my pocket. Uh oh! The Docent returned. "Sorry," I said, "but there is a bit of a problem: I only have eight Euros with me."

D: No problem! I'll just re-write the receipt for eight.

Me: ???

It was that easy. And someone else's pockets are heavier.

Previously: To Continue, Please Insert One Euro

Tags: ,

Comments:

» Post a Comment