| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Play Me a Song!



Play Me a Song!
Originally uploaded by youplayawhat.
It was impossible to ignore this funny vintage poster at the U Derků pension in Úterý, West Bohemia, when I visited there in May. Luckily, we heard some good old Czech tramping songs later around the fire &mdash the evening didn’t feature too many Communist hymns.

The caption reads, in Czech:
"Nemohl bys mi zahrát nějakou hymnu komunistů?"
"To na kytaru nejde, to jsou většinou sólové písně komediantský buben . . ."

In English:
Her: Couldn't you play me some Communist hymn?
Him: That's impossible on the guitar: they are mostly showy solo songs for percussion.

Tags: , ,

Comments:

Blogger Karla said . . .

I don't know how I could have forgotten about this remarkable poster. I suspect he might sing her a tramp song, though.    

3:41 PM, July 22, 2006


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

That's true, I my translation lacked the color of the original ... :-)    

3:12 PM, July 24, 2006


» Post a Comment