| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Eidolon


Why I couldn't find any ice cream bars to buy at Interspar last night? There were a lot of tubs of frozen stuff posing as ice cream, but when you looked closer you found out that it was a weird chemical conglomerate. I shouldn't have expected anything more at a large chain store (what can I say, it must've been an ice cream binge and there aren't many options at 8 p.m. on a weekday evening in the country's second largest city). All I really wanted was a Haagen-Dazs bar with dark chocolate over vanilla ice cream or maybe even something like Ben & Jerry's. But nothing of the sort was to be found. I didn't even find any ice cream bars in bulk (I wanted more than one to take home). There were some that you could buy individually, and I picked a very unsatisfactory vanilla one with a strange white frosting. The unsuccessful ice cream bar kept me wondering, what would my evening have been like had I made another choice? Could it be that those ice creams I rejected, the ones hidden away under strange labels marked "Pinko," "UFO," and "Magnum," might have been better? They didn't sound like ice cream, but who knows.


Tags:

Comments:

Blogger Michael M. said . . .

As always, tuckova speaks the truth. Magnum is the shiznit; they recently unleashed some new flavors that pretty much combine every possible sweet substance known to man. It rocks.    

10:30 AM, August 30, 2006


Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

I had a Hagen Daz at end of hike on IR, was yummy. Unfortunately milk chocolate instead of dark but not a bad substitute. They weren't ordering anymore as was end of season, nobody to buy them soon. Glad to find your updated version and also share phatic conversation with you recently.    

1:37 PM, August 30, 2006


Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

I tried different types and YES, the only decen thing is Magnum. I come from Rosario (Argentina) where we have really good icecreams and I missing them, and still about another for months till I go back.    

7:47 PM, September 03, 2006


» Post a Comment