| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Found Object



Once again I whiled away a morning in the stuffy waiting room of the Foreign Police. Lovely. I occupied myself by translating the following following poetry someone had thoughtfully tacked to the wall.

Photography and Pictorial Records Suitable for Identity Cards and Passports

  • Photographs or pictorial records used for identity cards and passports serve to identify the holder of the given document. They must fulfill the requirements of law no. 328/1999 Sb., on identity cards; law no. 329/1999 Sb., on travel documents; conform to the notifications in MV no. 177/2000 Sb., which presents the law on documentation of residents, the law on identity cards, and the law on travel documents; and CSN 66 6416, "Photography and Pictorial Records for Personal Documents."

  • Suitable materials for portrait backings of personal documents must be tested for long-term picture retainment and conformant with the norms of CSN 66 6416 in VUZORT a.s., accredited testing laboratory no. 1198.

  • The background must not be interrupted, for example, formed by a part of the landscape, buildings or parts of buildings, and it cannot show other people or parts of other people.

Created by the Ministry of the Interior, Office for Correct Action, Department for the Development of Documents, September 2000


Photos must be 35x45 mm. Maintain 2mm between the top of your head and the edge of the photo, and ensure exactly 13mm between your eyes and your chin. Possible errors will make the picture unacceptable: cut-off top of the head, head too small, background blended with hair, landscape in background, people in background, wearing glasses if you are not blind.

You can access and download your very own souvenir copy of the original poster in pdf format here.

Tags: ,

Comments:

Blogger Unknown said . . .

Okay, so let me get this right. If my face is not the correct size, I can't have an ID photo? What about small children? Do they have their own nose to chin parameter? Do they have a suggested actual length (not the photo length)?

And I thought some of the French restrictions were bad because you can't smile!    

4:16 PM, June 29, 2006


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

This is where photoshop comes in handy! I know they use it because I submitted a photo that met the requirements (I don't suppose they actually measure these things, but who knows) and when my visa came, the photo was changed. My head was all squished and the top was cut off! In retrospect, I obviously should have pointed out that they had made my photo ineligible, but it's probably best that I didn't.    

5:37 PM, July 01, 2006


» Post a Comment