| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

What's Brno Need? Unsilent Night


Brian organized a cool piece in Baltimore. It's worth watching the video. Now that is the kind of thing Brno needs for the holidays.* I would love to organize it, but there are reasons why I won't be able to:

a) I'm leaving in a week.

b) I would probably gather a group of English speakers and people would think we were just a hoarde of Americans trying to take the city by storm.

But perhaps someday Brno will be ready.


*I was at a "Czechgrass" concert (Czech bluegrass) this evening, and they started by saying that they had thought about playing Christmas carols. But, well [bronx cheer here], they didn't. Whew!

Tags: ,

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

It's pretty easy to get a performance together—dubbing all the tapes and CDs is time consuming though. The event is quirky enough that it catches the attention of the local media pretty easily, which helps recruiting efforts immensely. I'm surprised that nobody's done this in Ann Arbor yet.    

5:04 PM, December 13, 2006


Blogger Pam said . . .

I heard a story about this on NPR and I was SO VERY EXCITED and thought, wow, I want that to happen HERE in Seattle!    

8:43 PM, December 29, 2006


» Post a Comment