| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

To je Škoda



Apparently Škoda had a good 2006, and production is up 12.5%. Good news for the Czech economy, but could it mean even more? Reports indicate that it may inspire a certain reclusive Czech author, says Davey G. Johnson at Jalopnik:
Somewhere in Paris, Milan Kundera is dreaming up a story of two forlorn, lovelorn Beethoven-consumed factory workers who respectively install valvestems on Fabias and steering-column stalks on Octavias, obsessing over Stalin and feminine scents while dreaming of a Black Sea road-trip vacation in a Felicia Fun with only a pirated cassingle of the Shins' "Phantom Limb" stuck in the tape deck and a Vaclav Havel anthology to keep them company. (More)

Good news for us here in the "City of Laughter and Forgetting"?

If you like that, and you're into Eastern European cars and humor, czech out their other "Fun" posts. And in case you laugh so hard that you're in need of a toilet, I hope that you're in Budapest, where relief is never far away when you're having fun. You may remember that I was in love with another, but to the eye of true love it was a mere passing fancy and now I so want an El Trabino.


Tags: , , ,

Comments:

Blogger dodgystereo said . . .

I'm in Brno, and I post occasional blogs about music.

Iwas wondering if you could point me in the direction of info as to how to host sound.

I liked the short sound-art piece you made and would like to put up some of my own.

I've been reading this blog for a while and I'm glad you're continuing.    

12:40 AM, January 22, 2007


Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

interesting blog here! a friend of mine studies in university there    

12:50 PM, January 23, 2007


Blogger RallyGabe said . . .

Skoda's are so great...I loved driving those little things. And yes "lowriders" have a distinct following ins certain parts of Europe, and Germany seem sto have a special breed of car fans that involve fitting the most hilarious rims on their cars. If I find somethign more direct about them I'll send it your way. heheh.    

3:11 PM, January 23, 2007


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

Hi dodgystereo, sorry about my slow response. I don't have any great insight or knowledge about posting sound, but I've been using the free services provided by Odeo (http://www.odeo.com/). They allow you to upload mp3 files and form a "podcast." I've found it to be very user-friendly, and they provide code to insert the player into blog posts. I'd give it a try. I hope this helps.

Mo, hope you keep finding things interesting. :-)

Ahoj all,    

6:23 PM, February 02, 2007


» Post a Comment