| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

After a Silence, Come Take This Questionnaire


So I have not been keeping up my promise to keep posting. Sorry. But sometimes they say, "No news is good news," right?

Well, I got an email from a friend who teaches English in north Moravia, and she told me about Adélka, who is working on a thesis and needs you to answer a short questionnaire about Greenpeace. It's very short (only about ten questions) and easy. Though there are some funny anglicisms, it's easy to understand. Wouldn't you be so kind as to help her out?

From her website:
Please, vote at http://www.kokliko.wz.cz/greenpeace_en/ and express yourself about Greenpeace and the environment. It takes max. one minute! Thank you very much! :o)

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

- Will you buy your favorite goods, if the Greenpeace has said, that making of this food seriously damages the enviroment?
- Honestly, yes.

- Are you for building-up nuclear power stations?
- Less energy cost, my answer is yes.

- Do you separate waste? (e.g.: paper-glass-plastic-metal)
- Never thought about.

This questionnaire makes me feel guilty! :-/    

12:28 AM, March 07, 2007


Blogger RallyGabe said . . .

Question 7 is a trick question...hopfully un-intentional, but that seems (in my eyes) how organizations like greenpeace and truth.com work so...I didn't go back to correct it.
*shrug*    

2:42 AM, March 07, 2007


Blogger dodgystereo said . . .

I wasn't able to find a box to tick tht suited me so I didn't finish it.

Pity that, as I think if you're given such limited options you can't get really representitive statistics.

I am a willing participant, but really can't give an honest answer...    

1:13 AM, March 08, 2007


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

Well, I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be research about environmentalism in the CR or if this is a project to learn better English. Perhaps it doesn't fully succeed on either of those, but I'm sure that participation was appreciated. I agree with the reactions.    

10:24 PM, March 08, 2007


Blogger Karla said . . .

I was annoyed that it wouldn't let me leave blank my advice for Greenpeace's future main effort. What's the point of that? Why should I think just one thing is the most important?

I assume this is just an English-practice exercise of some sort (or practice in inventing questionnaires), because one would hardly expect a major organization to make decisions based on anything like this. I mean, I would rather not buy goods whose production damages the environment, but I'm not in a position to live in a grass hut and grow all my own food or something. So I try to go for the more ecological alternative readily available to me, just as I compost the kitchen garbage when I have a place to do so.    

11:34 PM, March 08, 2007


» Post a Comment