| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Kopřivnice Trip



Kopřivnice band
Originally uploaded by youplayawhat.
It was already over a week ago. Yikes! So I will be brief. I visited Kopřivnice in late November (the 26th). I first visited this band in 2002, so I've been in touch with them longer than any other Moravian musicians. This was their annual holiday concert and featured four (!) guest conductors and a program of classics and lighter pieces. I had a great time visiting with the Debef family who were very hospitable. I went to their "ranch" on Sunday for dinner where the grandmother cooks on a wood stove, I helped them bring in wood from outside, and even saw them loading coal. So it was the real thing. (Apparently due to rising natural gas prices some people are switching back to coal and, according to some reports, even burning garbage for heat. Needless to say this doesn't improve air quality. However, I don't think that's the reason they burn coal on the ranch - it's kind of a country retreat and it's just what you do out of town.)

Comments:

» Post a Comment