| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

Veselé a plodné jaro


Spring has finally arrived officially, though I hear it was early in central Europe. When I found this video of Tomáš Kočko and his orchestra, I saw that last year's Fulbright dream of holding a spring rite at the statue of the Three Graces in the Lednice-Valtice area had already been realized. Of course, they don't use the setting, but this is definitely a spring ritual, and perhaps the symbolic representations of fertility are a bit more obvious than usual. As to other meanings of the video, I'm not entirely sure, but please feel free to speculate in the comments. Happy spring to all and I hope you enjoy dancing in rings around your campfires.

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

Hey Jesse! Gabe came to visit me this weekend and he said you had a facebook but I couldn't find you. You should look me up. I hope everything's going well for you and it would be nice to hear from you sometime. Take care.

Jamie    

9:06 PM, March 24, 2007


Blogger morskyjezek said . . .

Hi Jamie, good to hear from you! I'll try to find you on facebook.    

9:35 PM, March 24, 2007


Blogger P'tit-Loup said . . .

Hey Morskyjezek, can you enlighten me as to the lyrics of the song? Very nice video they put together!    

6:19 AM, April 05, 2007


Anonymous Anonymous said . . .

No activity for one month so far.
The blog is agonizing? :-(    

12:57 AM, April 23, 2007


» Post a Comment