| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »
| Previous Post »

The Windy City


Despite an invitation to Prague, I was in the Windy City last weekend. I have a few pictures that are probably taken by every tourist.

I also have a few pictures of other buildings. Namely, the Hancock Building, which does vie for attention with the Sears Tower on the skyline. It doesn't look very big from the Sears Tower itself, though. It seems that my favorite building was the art deco Board of Trade Building. We saw the Board of Trade from the top, the side, the front, etc. The building is so tall that it was considered unnecessary to give Ceres, the goddess on the pedestal, a face. Now, of course, they probably only boast about saving money on the sculptor's fee. There was also great light for this picture of the red building, whatever it is.


I was glad to see that Chicago doesn't have anything on the rest of the Midwest in spelling ability:


I was careful not to step into the "dire" electric current of the public transportation:


And, just before I left and thought that nothing of note happened on my trip, there was Elvis!


At the airport I found a "Customer Feedback" form that claimed on the front, "Northwest Airlines is committed to providing you the best service possible." And, when my return flight was cancelled (my flight there two days before had also been cancelled, there being nary a cloud in sight on either day), I wrote them a bombastic but satisfying report.
Comments: What do you think? The flight was cancelled. My flight to MDW from DTW last Saturday was also cancelled. I consider this, well, I don't consider it any service at all frankly. [please turn to other side] We were given meal vouchers, but the chicken in my Caesar's salad was nasty—you should tell people not to go there. I will have significant doubts before flying to Midway airport or using Northwest Airlines in the future. I will be contacting Northwest with a more formal complaint soon. [I wish I'd also wrote: By the way, I will also publish this on my blog about life in the Czech Republic since I'm sure you care.]

By the way, happy St. Patty's Day. If I were in Chicago today, no doubt I would be drinking green beer next to a green river. I've posted more photos from my visit on flickr. This year was a bit different from last year's cold and gray trip to Berlin.

Tags: , ,